You can now plan your vacations for next year (2013), President Benigno Simeon “Noynoy” Aquino declared today via Proclamation no. 459 Series of 2012 – DECLARING THE REGULAR HOLIDAYS, SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS, AND SPECIAL HOLIDAY (FOR ALL SCHOOLS) FOR THE YEAR 2013.
- Jan. 1, New Year’s Day (Tuesday)
- March 28, Maundy Thursday
- March 29, Good Friday
- April 9, Araw ng Kagitingan (Tuesday)
- May 1, Labor Day (Wednesday)
- June 12, Independence Day (Wednesday)
- Aug. 26, National Heroes’ Day (last Monday of August)
- Nov. 30, Bonifacio Day (Saturday)
- Dec. 25, Christmas Day (Wednesday)
- Dec. 30, Rizal Day (Monday)
Special non-working days:
- March 30, Black Saturday
- Aug. 21, Ninoy Aquino Day (Wednesday)
- Nov. 1, All Saints’ Day (Friday)
- Nov. 2, All Souls’ Day (Saturday)
- Dec. 24, day before Christmas (Tuesday)
- Dec. 31, New Year’s Eve (Tuesday)
February 25, the EDSA Revolution anniversary, is a special holiday for all schools.
In his proclamation, Aquino said the proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra), or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations.